Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting into the habit

One of the most difficult things about my weight loss journey was/is trying to make exercise a permanent part of my regimen and life. Being busy isn't an excuse at all because if something is REALLY important to someone, they WILL make time for it. I have come to the realization that...I'M LAZY!!! I have yet to find a workout that is efficient that I look forward to doing. I'm at the point in my journey where simply dieting isn't gonna get me to my goals so no matter how much I dread it, I gotta get my ass up and get moving!

I've settled on working out at home for the time being due to work and school. I recently decided against that because I wasn't motivated to workout once I got home. After realizing I'm not that good with coming up with an efficient strength training routine, I decided that it's best I stick with DVD's until I have more time on my hands. Knowing me, I'll go and knock out some cardio then stand there starring at the machines trying to figure out which one to do first at how many reps  and so on...


So for now, I've settled on alternating these two workouts 4x a week. There's a suggested 6 week program for maximum results where you do the workout 4-5x a week moving up between levels 1, 2 & 3 as you progress. I've completed level 1 of both so far and found that the cardio workout is a lot tougher than the sculpting workout which I found to be weird. I barely struggled with the workout at all and I didn't feel any soreness after. I will try adding heavier weights to see if there's a difference. If not, I'll just supplement with a few apps I have on my phone I guess. I want to be on each level concurrently or else I'd just advance to get a better workout. The cardio workout had me panting, sweating, biting my lip and rolling my eyes at Bill Harper's ass from beginning to end. I definitely feel the soreness, my glutes are on FIRE! The workouts are only 30 minutes long; 5min warm up, 20min workout and 5min cool down, which is perfect for me with my time constraints...and laziness lol

No comments:

Post a Comment