Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 3 Recap

Well, I have decided that from now on, my weekly updates will be RECAPS instead of weigh-ins. With the scale staying the same for a week and a half, I decided it is best if I don't weigh myself every week but instead shoot for every month...nvm I need to know if I am progressing so make that every OTHER week. So, since this isn't my weigh in week, I will just update you guys on how my week went :)


Considering that Thanksgiving was this week, I feel like I did pretty darn good if I do say so myself (and I DO say so myself lol). I worked out FOUR days this week INCLUDING thanksgiving morning! Yup, I dropped my friend off at work and then headed to the park. I did some laps around the track and then I did some step-ups and sit-ups on the bleachers (my obliques were on FIRE). It took a little less than an hour. I was proud of myself. As far as food is concerned I didn't do too bad even with people encouraging me on my "Thanks-slimming tips" status update on facebook to just "enjoy the holiday and go harder next week"...um, I think I'll PASS as that kind of thinking will just enable me to think it's ok to indulge in every feast if I simply "work harder" the next week. Besides, why set myself back an entire week just to try to catch up to where I could've been which isn't at all possible because I can NEVER get that week back? And what if something comes up? I get injured and can't work out or I go to the hospital and I'm forced to eat nothing but hospital food? WHAT THEN??? I'm set back even more cause the week that I needed to catch up a monkey wrench got thrown in my plans smh. Ok, I'm exaggerating but I hope ya'll get my point. Holidays and celebrations are in NO way an excuse to LET GO completely. I'm not saying I didn't indulge but I gave myself some guidelines to stick to and I followed them. I ate a healthy brunch (baked salmon and green beans). I wasn't trying to skip a meal but I ate TG dinner at my best friends grandmother's house and older people eat early lol so with dinner starting at 4, I didn't have time to eat anything else. Not EVERYTHING on my plate was healthy but the things that weren't I only indulged in small portions. Everything I had fit on ONE plate and it wasn't over flowing. I DIDN'T have any cake or pie. The only thing I may have over-indulged in was liquor (don't judge me) Mostly red wine and a few shots of vodka. THAT WAS IT! And I didn't take home any leftovers either! I was tempted but my bestie put me in check lol. Other than that I stayed within my limit of 1200-1500 cals and under 100g net carbs. I don't remember the last time or if ever that I've worked out 4x in one week but that is what I plan to shoot for this week so come next weeks weigh-in, the scale will reflect my hard work. Cross your fingers for me guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment