Monday, November 7, 2011

We fall down...

Ok....my re-start lasted all of ONE day smh. But it's ok for tomorrow is a new day. I realized that after being off track for a month, getting back into the swing of things will be no easy feat. I jumped in the shallow end head first and my failure helped me realize that I need to get back on track GRADUALLY. So, with that said, my re-restart date is tomorrow and THIS time I WILL make it work. The new year is too close. Then before I know it, warm weather will be here and I WILL get to wear what I want and not have to say "NEXT spring/summer I will be able to wear that"! Instead of going below 20 grams of carbs a day, I will stay below 100 grams for a week to get back in the habit of watching my carb intake. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS! Oh, I worked out twice this week tho so I'm happy about that. I'm not the best when it comes to exercise...

In other news...

J. Hud is my ultimate THINspiration. After going from a size 16 to a 6 she let me know it wasn't impossible for a big girl to achieve "skinny" girl status. Some of you may read that and say "ummmm DUH, anybody can lose weight and go from fat to skinny". What I mean is, I've encountered a ridiculous amount of people who told me I can never be that small and that my body wasn't made to be small. *confused* who's body is MADE to be fat??? It absolutely pissed me off to hear people say "you don't have small bones"....um WTF are BIG BONES!?!? Only BIG animals have big bones and I for one am H-U-M-A-N and therefore it IS humanly possible for me to be as small as I want as long as I work hard to get there!

Sorry, rant over lol. But I posted this pic of J. Hud because although her body is absolutely STUNNING in that dress, I am less than a fan of the look her face has taken on. She seems to have acquired this deep, double set of laugh lines that ages her face a decade or 2 and I fear that this is an eminent look for my face as I have started 4 sizes bigger at a size 20 to her size 16. Not only that, at 90lbs loss, people already assume I weigh less than my actual 203 lbs (at my smallest) due to my face and with my previous goal being to lose another 50lbs, I'm sure my face would have looked less than flattering. With that realization, I've decided to increase my goal from 145-150 to 170. I will see how I look once I reach that goal and if I feel like my face could stand to lose more, I will lose another 5 and repeat until I reach a happy medium.

3 comments:

  1. Girlie I agree it is hard to get back on track and it was very smart of you to make those adjustments to start back on track. I agree she looks much older in the face and that is not attractive. 170 sounds more natural. How tall are you? I am aiming for 160 which is close to your goal also. You can do it and I am rooting for you.

    www.TinaDivaTV.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 5'7 so I though I'd look best at 145-155 but the recent pics of J. Hud scare me as I've been big all my life so I'm sure my face will surely change drastically and I don't believe it will for the better. Now that I think about it, my goal is 165 lol. I rather be in the 160's and be closer to 150 than I am to 200. Thanks for the encouragement, your success gives me hope. How tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true, I really am afraid of the face features when it comes to weightloss also. and her head does look bigger than her body (bobble head). but i guess thats one of the consequences of going from fat to skinny! whatever makes the person happy tho! I can withness to this becuase my sister had the gastro surgery and she definitely looks old!

    ReplyDelete