Thursday, November 17, 2011

Motivation...

When someone is on a journey to change and they get into a rut, they can't figure out for the life of them where their motivation had gone or why they just can't seem to get it together. "I've done this before" they tell themselves only to start again and fall off track AGAIN shortly after. I am a victim. I am sure I am not the only one as I've noticed several topics on the weight loss forums that I visit with people BEGGING for the slightest clue on how they could get their "mojo" back. I've come to the sad realization that no one knows that answer but Y-O-U! I could talk to you for hours telling you what motivates ME but until you find something that not only motivates YOU but frustrates you to the point where you're fed up and you have to either change it or lose your sanity, then and only then will you actually do something about it.

What Motivates Me?
Hmm...how can I sum this up in a blog post? IDK but I will try lol. I'm sure I will leave something out and some things are way too personal to mention but here is what I came up with:

1. Fashion- I haven't always been trendy. Being over weight all my life enabled me to believe I couldn't be fashionable with all the extra weight on my frame. I wore tights all the way to the 5th grade because I thought jeans couldn't fit me. Here's the kicker, at that time I was only a size 14!!!! Shopping wasn't fun for me, I'd give up before I even start and settle for something that FIT as opposed to what was fashionable. I remember having a hoody that I carried with me EVERYDAY that I would tie around my waist to hide my love handles...*sigh* It wasn't until my sophmore or junior year of high school that I began to take pride in my appearance. I had tried for so long to lose weight but to no avail. So I decided that since I was going to be stuck with this body, I might as well make it look good and my stylish revolution began.

With my recent success of weight loss, a plethora of styles and trends have been opened up to me. Items that weren't even an option before look great on me now and I find myself consumed with thoughts of how much greater my selections will be once I FINALLY reach my goal weight. So, whats on my list???

WHITE JEANS!!!! of course I can buy them now but I want to look this good (not this small) in them!









And I want to buy a pair of ripped jeans and not have to worry about my thigh fat poking through the holes like a piece of meat tied with string!









I LIVE for a dress like this! I love it so much I want to buy it and use it as a "goal" dress buuuut I already have a few of those so this time I'll refrain.







When your in shape, you could wear the simplest outfit and look AMAZING (if you have a sense of fashion that is). To be able to wear a simple top, some ripped jeans and a pair of pumps coupled with hot accessories may seam "simple" but it is one of my dream outfits and I can't weight to rock it next spring and summer! 







2. Haters/Nay-Sayers- It's simple, you're always going to want to do what people tell you that you can't do just to shut them the f*ck up and say HA! "They said I couldn't do it but I did it" *J. Lo voice* (yes, I took it there lol) Anywho, I'm sure those of you who have made changes for the better whether it be weight loss or whatever, the more successful you became, the more negative people became. You may have even lost a few "friends" and I use that term loosely as a real friend would be happy for you. I always said once you start moving up in the world, you find out who your REAL friends are.
It feels so damn good to prove people wrong.

3.I'M TIRED!!!!!- Of what you ask? Well lets see...I'm tired of having to go to the plus size section that is usually filled with misshaped clothes that are wack and unflattering. Tired of my weight being in the 200's. Tired of always being the bigger one in the group. Tired of not being able to wear what I want. Tired if saying "next summer is mines". Tired of suggesting clothes I'm dying to wear to my smaller friends who can actually get away with wearing them. Tired of my weight holding me back. Tired of being unhappy with my body. Tired of waiting, tired of wishing, tired of WANTING! There are A LOT of things I am tired of but mostly, I am tired of myself for not doing what I know works cause I could be done by now.

I have a laundry list (wait, why is it laundry list and not grocery list?) of reasons I am motivated to get this weight OFF for once and for all but I'll stop here cause I'm tired of typing lol. 

To be continued...

P.S some eye candy/pics of whats soon to become my signature look...


3 comments:

  1. Well said and I agree with you %100. Fashion is my inspiration and I am loving those Fitspirations their bodies are my ideal goal also. Curvy yet fit, you lost 90 lbs which is amazing right before you know it you will be in the 100's wearing all those trends. Motivation does come with in and I realized when I started this particular weight loss journey. In the past I failed because I was not motivated enough.

    www.TinaDIvaTV.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing is your motivated NOW so keep up the great work! I'll be meeting you in ONEderland soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post because I fluctuate way too much with my weight and when I am smaller (size 10) I am able to throw on clothes (t-shirt and jeans with pumps) and feel so cute without worrying about tucking and pulling and it's such a great feeling. Almost all my clothes are too tight because I am creeping back up to a size 14 and I am needing to get back motivated like you! Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete