Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Drumroll Please...

So, as those of you following my journey would know, today is day SEVEN of my restart and I am happy to report that I am down.................................................................. SIX POUNDS!!! I'm super excited and more motivated now to continue what I am doing so I can finally reach ONEderland. What motivates me more is that it wasn't hard at all to stick to once I told myself what needed to be done and that I was gonna do it. One of the things I said to myself to keep from giving up was "You didn't lose 90 pounds to STILL be the biggest friend out the group" (me in the red & white dress) and that kicked my butt into gear! I also looked at all of my pretty shoes. The fact that I know EXACTLY what I would like to wear with them but I know the outfit would look better on a slimmer figure enabled me to keep going. Hey, an extreme love of fashion will do that to you.

What I have been doing is consuming 100 grams of carbs a day MAX and staying between 1200-1300 calories a day. I'm sure a few of those pounds are water weight but none the less I am happy with my loss and this next week will tell how effective it is now that the initial shock to my body is over.

What I've been eating...
During my latest grocery haul I bought 3 different low calorie, high fiber breads (Will upload pics later) In the pic is what I had for breakfast sunday morning: 1 whole egg fried with pam, 2 turkey sausage patties, 1/2 a slice of cheese on a light, high fiber english muffin (only 100 cals & 18 grams of net carbs!!!) with 1/2 a green apple. Needless to say I was satisfied lol. Other things I've had for breakfast during the week is strawberries and cream oatmeal (sorry, can't do the plain stuff) and Fiber One caramel delight cereal with almond milk.


In the photo (sorry its so sloppy lol) is what I would typically have for lunch....something low carb as I like to use most of my carbs on breakfast and dinner. That beanless chili was YUMMY. Just something I concocted by mixing dixed tomatoes with ground beef, cheddar, fat free sour cream and spices. I've also had 98% fat free turkey with cheese on a low carb flax wrap or a salad with grilled chicken or salmon.


 
 I found a recipe on Youtube for low carb stuffed peppers from "Lowcarb 360". I made 3 peppers (which equal 6 servings) and 1 night as u can see I had it with broccoli as I didn't have many carbs left over for dinner. Last night I had it cut up over a half cup of brown rice with fat free sour cream (yummy). I'd normally have either a half or full cup of brown rice (depends on how many carbs I have left) with baked salmon or grilled chicken and a veggie for dinner.


I don't eat many snacks but the few things I have been eating is fiber one brownies, cheez-it 100 cal packs, special K bars, light babybel cheese, olives or a sliced apple.


Why I wasn't expecting much success...
1. I only worked out ONCE this week. I know, I know, I'll do better this week.
2. My menstrual just went away yesterday and I thought I'd still be holding onto water weight.
3. IDK if you can call this cheating (I call it being prepared) but saturday night I knew I was going to a bar. I also knew that they served HUGE drinks (think chinese iced tea sized cups LITERALLY) and DEE-licious hot wings (sorry, I'm an atkins girl I survived off of those things). With this knowledge, I decided to be proactive so I wouldn't feel bad about having my drink or my wings. That morning I simply had a cup of coffee for breakfast. For lunch I had a huge grilled chicken caesar salad and that was it until I hit the bar and had my Melon ball and my hot wings with fries.  



 My delicious melon ball <3
 

 

2 comments:

  1. work it girl I love the dress you look great :) congrats on the weight loss thats awesome and I know the feeling I am feeling the same weigh. That Chilli looks yummy :) Keep up the great work !

    www.TinaDivaTV.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun, I got it from Forever21 a few months ago. I rarely wear ANYTHING I buy in there as soon as I buy it, I tend to wait a few months so I don't run the risk of someone else wearing my dress at a party or an event lol.

    and the chili is yummy AND filling :)

    ReplyDelete