Wednesday, December 5, 2012

50 in 4...

I found I work better when I have SET goals with a deadline. With that being said, I've set my sights on fifty pounds...by April. I know, sounds a lil extreme but it's not IMPOSSIBLE. I did the math and it translates to roughly 12.5lbs a month which is 3.2lbs a week. Healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week but I know I'm not doing anything extreme so I'm not too concerned. When I first started low carbing, I lost 50lbs my first 4 months WITHOUT exercise. I know that it was because I was doing something different that my body wasn't used to that enabled me to lose so much so fast but to level the playing field, I plan to step up my exercise regimen. I usually focus too much on cardio and not enough on strength training but my research has lead me to learn that my focus needs to be strength training AND cardio intervals. My scale sucks at life so it's kinda hard to gage where I'm truly starting. I just spent 60 bucks at Walmart on groceries alone so my broke a*s was NOT buying a scale lol. I do plan to get one that measures water weight, bone density, body fat percentage and all that jazz in the near future. I may even request it as a Christmas gift (ha! just got that idea as I was typing). I haven't officially started my high protein way of eating as I have yet to determine the grams of protein I'm allowed per day because of my faulty scale (your weight is one of the determining factors) but I'm anxious to get started. I'm already watching my carbs so I will just use the weight my broken scale tells me I am until I get my new one.

My 20% needs more structure and focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment