Friday, November 16, 2012

Protein Power!

Lol, the title makes me sound like I'm a weird nutritionist trying to influence the significance of protein.
It's actually the title of a nutrition plan (I don't want to call it a diet...that seems short term) that I plan to adopt once I receive and fully read the books associated with it.

By the end of this post, I'm sure many of you will think I'm schizophrenic. It seems like every few weeks, I'm changing my meal plan but I asure you, there's nothing schizo about trying different things to see what works for you. It's been three years and I have yet to reach my weight loss goal. Part of that is because my focus and diligence isn't where it used to be. It's also because what has worked in the beginning is no longer working yet I keep returning to it hoping for the best. I'm learning that what I did to take off the first 90 (now 70) pounds isn't going to work in getting off the next 70. That realization promted me to continue to research other ways of eating. That and the fact that its becoming harder and harder to adhere to the guidlines I had stuck to early on. In the begininng I was focused, frustrated and FED-UP! I HAD to lose weight...I just wasn't happy and it was ALL I thought about. I started and was cheat free for 4 months but three years later, I'm lucky if I can go a week before I eat something off course. Thankfully I learned that I'm human and if I don't allow myself to slip up there's no way in hell I'm going to reach my goals and if I did, I wouldn't be able to maintain them. I'd also be bored and completely miserable and I will not subject myself to that for however long it takes me to get the rest of this weight off.


I purchased these two books on www.ebay.com for about $4 each. I can't weight until they arrive so I can read them. Prior to discovering this plan, I was already in the process of revamping my way of eating by introducing calorie restriction. I put it off for so long because it felt too much like homework. I'm a fulltime supervisor as well as a fulltime student, the LAST thing I needed was an extra tedious homework assignment but now I've seen the error of my ways and I know that tracking my cals are extremely vital to reaching my goals. It's different from Atkins (as I've read from reviews on Amazon) and the allowance of more freedom carb wise influence me to give it a try. I'm hoping that this is just what I need to get me to ONEderland and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment