Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bi-Weekly Weigh-In #1

So the time came again for me to step on the scale...I didn't do it. I've been bloated since yesterday and low and behold my menstrual is coming. So, rather than get discouraged over water weight gain, I opted out. All is not lost though, I snuck and weighed myself a few days ago and I was down 3.6lbs! So happy to have not been in a stall. I more than likely won't wait another 2 weeks to weigh myself, will probably update you guys 3-4 days after my monthly goes away...


RECAP:
I did GREAT. I stayed within 1200-1500 cals, most days I'd only go over 1200 slightly. Stayed under 100 grams of carbs and kept up with my 4 workouts a week. I went to the movies with my bestie as I told her I didn't want to drink this weekend as I felt it was hindering my losses. I am VERY proud of myself and although I have only lost a little over 9lbs since I started a month ago, I am noticing BIG changes in my body so screw the scale and her wishy-washy ways!

FAIL

I was craving french fries so I decided to make the healthy version, sweet potato fries however the fries came out more like baked potato sticks. They were borderline mashed potatoes but were very good so I got the thought to make mashed sweet potatoes some time in the near future. On a shopping trip I discovered an instant mashed potato mix by Betty Crocker and got excited that I didn't have to do the extra work of peeling, boiling and mashing the potatoes and I can instead just add water!


I made turkey chops breaded with Parmesan Shake & Bake and corn and I thought I would love this with mashed potatoes so I decided now was as good a time as any to try my new discovery. It was a complete and utter FAIL! They were waaaaay too sweet! Like I was eating mashed yams as opposed to sweet potatoes. I couldn't even eat them, they didn't go right with the meal. I may make them again when I need a yam substitute, like with my low carb mock-a-phony and cheese but other than that, they'll remain in the cubbard.
Some of My Meals
 Fat free turkey & cheese on a low carb wrap with a side of red hot chips. Chips were only 120 cals and 10 grams of carbs.
 Salsa chicken with brown rice and corn.

Baked lemon-pepper tilapia with brown rice and green beans.










*My "movie" look. I LOVED Twilight: Breaking Dawn!!!

4 comments:

  1. yay congrats on the loss and mmmm your meals look so good btw loving the outfit

    www.TinaDivaTV.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are doing so good. Fat to fierce is a lovely name for it.
    GREAT. Keep it up! U a stunnaaa.
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tina thanx babes

    @ Larissa thanks beautiful. fat-to-fierce, hats-to-heels, great minds think alike lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment babe. I could not
    check out your fashion blog unfortunately.
    Guess it had something to do with internet explorer.
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete