Friday, October 14, 2011

The Beginning...



I have ALWAYS had issues with my weight...always hated it and always wanted to change it but never did much about it. Of course I tried the norm, diet pills, attempted starvation and diets that never lasted more than a week. I have wanted to lose weight since I was 14 and it wasn't until I was 22 that I had Finally gotten it right.

By January 2009 I became FED UP and said "enough is enough!", the weight HAD to go. The reality is I was ALWAYS fed up and although I am not sure why this time was different, I'm so thankful that it was.

One of the things that set me off was this picture --------->
Taken at a party I had thrown on New Years Eve 2008. It was one of the best New Years I've ever had so of course I wanted to remember it. Throughout the night there was a constant flash of pics being taken to help me and my party-goers remember the night. I didn't realize that once I looked at the pics, I wouldn't want to remember...

I HATED how big I looked standing next to my friends...how round my face looked and how wide my body was compared to theirs. I remembered how I'd hated shopping for a cute/sexy outfit for that night. After all, I was the hostess and was entitled to get my shine on (lol). I was disappointed in myself and fed up with being fed-up and doing absolutely NOTHING about it. NOW was the time!


THE PLAN

So this was it. I had FINALLY decided to do something about my weight for once and for all. But WHAT? I had only been trying for what? Almost a DECADE to lose weight. What could I do to make THIS time different? I had to do something that I advocate FULLY to those of you at the start of your weight loss journeys; RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!

What helped me was that I remembered that a close friend of mines mother had tremendous success on the Atkins Diet. Her success had inspired me then to give it a try. I hadn't read the book at the time or even done any research at all. I went by what she had briefly told me about the diet and achieved temporary success. Due to my lack of knowledge, I thought I was limited to just consuming meat and veggies and eventually fell off the wagon.

It was settled. I was going to do Atkins the RIGHT way. I took to my fave outlet; THE INTERNET. I became obsessed. Reading, copying & pasting everything from info, recipes and success stories. I went on ebay and ordered numerous books on the diet and anxiously awaited their arrival. I didn't feel I was ready to began until I fully understood the diet and had a plan written out. I'm a firm believer in the saying "If you fail to plan, then plan to fail".

January 16, 2009 was my OFFICIAL start date. My 1st 4 months I lost 50 pounds! The summer rolled around and hanging with friends and my recent success influenced a "I just wanna have fun and not worry about my weight" attitude. I didn't gain much but I didn't lose either. 

After the summer I got back on track and by New Years eve I was down to 219 pounds! 

I wasn't at my goal but I was happier than I had ever been. I enjoyed my night. I reveled in the compliments and I jumped at every photo opportunity. This time, when I looked at pics, I was PROUD instead of ashamed. It was the best feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment